[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: ScummVM sourceforge project update

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 3 03:52:32 CEST 2012

On 10/02/12 09:29, Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 04:41:19AM +0100, D G Turner wrote:
>>   6. The new tracker lacks a change history list per artifact/bug,
>>      which the old one had. This makes it hard to see what has been
>>      changed on a bug, when and by who.
>>
>>      This is compounded as the new tracker also allows editable
>>      comments i.e. they are mutable, so this could lead to various
>>      annoyances of users removing useful information in error or
>>      modifying existing bugs in confusing ways.
>>
>>     I would urge changing the admin settings to disable post-editing
>>     of comments and enabling a change log per bug if possible.
>
> I think that this post-editing is only enabled by the permissions change Arnaud
> did, so it should currently only be enabled for devs. At least, IIRC, I couldn't
> modify anything before the permissions were updated.

Prior to the permissions change i.e. when I was logged in as just a
nominal user, I could see "edit" option on at least my comments on some
open bugs... so this still is an issue.
I'd suggest testing using a second account with various permissions set
to see if this can be limited to admin/dev only.

--
Thanks,
David Turner