[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: ScummVM sourceforge project update

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 28 23:42:36 CEST 2012

Eugene,

  Thanks for doing this work. However, currently the SF.net allura bug
  and other trackers are not very usuable... Ignoring the general
  confusion of the new UI, it looks like some fields have been lost
  in the migration or are hidden i.e. Visible to Admin only?

  Also, it appears that the bug tracker "managers" (i.e. permission
  to close bugs, change status/fields, assign to developer) have lost
  their permissions or the mapping from the older to newer permissions
  is incorrect.

  IMHO, the current state is not useful. I asked Strangerke as the
  only other sf.net project admin to take a look, but he said it
  appears "there's no right for the tracker and separate rights for the
  rest, so you're admin for everything or nothing" which creates major
  headaches.

  Overall, I think we either need to:
  1. Move back to the older tracker system (if possible).
  2. Configure the new Allura tracker to operate at least as well as
     the older system (if possible).
  3. Migrate the database to a MantisBT or similar tracker system, which
     could be hosted on SF.net, to operate at least as well as
     the older system.

Thanks,
David Turner