[Scummvm-devel] GSOC, Z-Engine and stuff.

Ori Avtalion ori at avtalion.name
Sat Apr 20 19:42:30 CEST 2013

On 04/14/2013 02:10 PM, Tobia Tesan wrote:
> I am especially attracted to the idea of reimplementing the Zork engine
> (see, Zork Nemesis is on my wishlist, playing it on "my" engine would be
> a dream come true), but I don't know if I'm up to the task.

There is already a port of Gargoyle to ScummVM. Gargoyle is a collection
of interpreters to various text-adventures engines:

http://scummvm-misc.sourceforge.net/

(This link is for a website that lists various "unofficial" game engines
for ScummVM.)

You can find the actual code here, although it is rather old:
<http://scummvm-misc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scummvm-misc/trunk/engines/gargoyle/>

If I recall correctly, it has been decided that the Z-Machine is
out-of-scope for ScummVM, but others may be able to correct me.