[Scummvm-devel] Bringing our Core Code to another Level?

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Mon Aug 12 16:05:37 CEST 2013

Hi people,

As many of you probably know our core code is really nice when
reimplementing (old) 2D adventure games. This is a result of many
talented people working on our engines and many talented people
improving our core code to make the engines people's life easier.
However, it is also helpful for games beyond the adventure genre. This
created the idea of having a separate core which can be used by
third-party projects which focus on other genres of 2D games.

I think such a split off core resulting in an unbranded (i.e. no ScummVM
name on it except for credits to its origins) project would be a really
nice thing to do in the long run. Of course, ScummVM would then use this
same core as much as possible. Thus, I think we should really discuss
whether this is something people would agree with.

So, any thoughts on this?

Greetings,
Johannes