[Scummvm-devel] Simon the Sorcerer for Android

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 02:13:30 CEST 2013

On 08/29/2013 02:03 AM, Filippos Karapetis wrote:
> Has anyone checked this? Is it using ScummVM again? If yes, then
> they've managed to violate the GPL once again, as there is no mention
> of ScummVM anywhere in the description.

I think it suffices to state their program is GPL to comply with the
GPL, they don't need to specifically mention ScummVM anywhere AFAIK.
Thus, if they based it on ScummVM and don't mention the license terms,
then that's why they violate the GPL. But of course, we will first need
to check whether it's actually based on ScummVM. Otherwise, it's
pointless to even think about them violating any license terms.

Greetings,
Johannes