[Scummvm-devel] offering official Sierra SCI patches

MK m_kiewitz at scummvm.org
Mon Dec 16 18:23:28 CET 2013

> In which form exactly were you thinking of uploading them? (Which files
> exactly, with which documentation?)
>
> -Willem Jan

I have already downloaded all of the official Sierra patches, that I was able to get my hands on.

I have renamed them, so that they have proper names like for example: SCI-Sierra-Lighthouse-2.0a.zip - I don't think that we should modify the contents of those zip files at all - I have also identified patches, that don't solve an issue properly (for example Space Quest 4 floppy "throw stuff at sequel police" patch, this one is properly fixed now by our on-the-fly patcher) and also patches which are superseded by another patch (for example Lighthouse 2.0 patch). None of those should be offered.

And I'm already going through the patches to figure out which versions of the game actually need to get patched. I will then update the SCI patches wiki (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SCI/Patches) accordingly. It will be in order of overall game release and engine version. And it will tell the user if the patch should be applied and if saved game compatibility will be affected by it (there may be situations, where patching a game will only affect it when the user has passed a certain point and so on). I would also place links to those patches onto the patches wiki page.

Regards

Termine finden leicht gemacht "bookmeetings.com"

Appointments scheduled easy "bookmeetings.com"