[Scummvm-devel] We need to upgrade our forums

Tobia Tesan tobia.tesan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 01:58:02 CET 2013

On 12/26/2013 03:30 PM, m_kiewitz at scummvm.org wrote:
> Gmail e-mail addresses ignore any dots.
> Which means:spammer at gmail.com  andspam.mer at gmail.com  are actually the same e-mail address
> (which is not the case anywhere else).

And well, I'm really nitpicking here, but the last part is not 100% true.

It can be the case in lotsa other places, starting with those
organizations who buy GMail wholesale, rebadge it and resell it, such as
colleges and stuff (but also small organizations and companies - of
course digging up the MX /could/ tell you a thing or two there).

Also, there may very well be some evil mastermind who runs an equally
weird configuration without having bought it from G ;-)

Same for the plus thing (which I think it's actually in some obscure
RFC, though).

--
Tobia Tesan
<tobia.tesan at gmail.com>