[Scummvm-devel] Using buildbot for the release?

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 8 07:03:34 CEST 2013

Alyssa,
  I have fixed the buildbot configuration to produce the three split
  builds for Windows CE:

https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm-sites/blob/buildbot/config/master.cfg#L643

  As I manually triggered a nightly build to ensure they are now
  present, you can now download these for testing:
  http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

  As for the Dreamcast, this doesn't need an explicit split build
  as unlike the WinCE monolithic static builds, this uses plugins.

  The user can easily and is expected to remove the unecessary
  files prior to mastering a CD.

  However, I suspect you may actually be referring to the necessity
  of using a serial debugging cable with the Dreamcast to run debug
  builds:
  http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dreamcast#Running_Debug_Builds

  I have tested this and concluded that this is still the case.

  However, I have modified the buildbot configuration to split the
  Dreamcast build into two. The nominal build now has serial
  debugging disabled and thus can be used by users without additional
  hardware. I have kept the original serial debugging enabled build
  as a secondary build for developers to test with.

  I am unsure if this configuration works, so I will master a CD
  and test later.

  If there are any other builders not producing "useful" binaries,
  please let me know and we shall see if these can be fixed.
Thanks,
David Turner