[Scummvm-devel] GSoC 2013 - Call for mentors and ideas

Arnaud Boutonné strangerke at scummvm.org
Thu Mar 14 12:00:37 CET 2013

Dear Team Members,

Next week, Google will start accepting application forms from mentoring
organizations, which is for years the first step of the Google Summer of
Code.
We are currently polishing our form and any help would be appreciated!

As you know, the number of students we get is directly related to two
factors: the number of mentors we can provide, and the number of tasks we
have on our list of ideas.
This year, Google insisted that the list of ideas is complete and available
by the time the application form is submitted so, more than ever, we need
your help: if you have ideas of GSoC tasks, tell them! And/or if you think
you could mentor or co-mentor a student this summer, please no longer
hesitate: make a step forward!

Google will stop accepting applications on 29/3, which gives us enough time
to polish the application form and clean up/add tasks. Obviously, in order
to avoid the deadline stress, it would be interesting to finish earlier
than that. The new task list may be found here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GSoC_Tasks
Some detail pages are still missing, they'll come soon. Any comment or
suggestion is obviously welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help which will lead to another awesome GSoC for
the project!

Best regards
Arnaud