[Scummvm-devel] Outstanding builds for v1.6.0 release...

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 1 02:46:59 CEST 2013

Gents/Ladies,
  After more than 3 months since the v1.6.0 release was tagged and
  source code packaged for porters, we still have a number of platforms
  on the downloads page without the latest builds from various porters.

  Some of these are less critical as the userbase is small, but some
  are not and we are getting various questions from users via the
  forums as to when these will be released.

  Thus I am sending this e-mail to the list to get a status update
  from all the outstanding port maintainers.

  This is to let the team know if they are still active and if the
  missing builds are due to a lack of time on their part or due to
  technical issues which the rest of the team could provide help on.

  The critical list IMHO in vague order of importance/likely userbase
  size is as follows:
  * Android - 1.4.1
  * IPhone - 1.5.0
  * Wii/Gamecube - 1.5.0
  * GP2X/GP2XWiz/Caanoo/OpenPandora - 1.5.0
  * WinCE - 1.5.0
  * PS2 - 1.4.1
  * PSP - 1.4.1
  * OS/2 - 1.4.1
  * Win64 - 1.4.1
  * Haiku - 1.4.0 (BeOS - 1.0.0)
  * MorphOS - 1.5.0

  If the porters of these and the other outstanding ports could respond
  as to the current status that would be useful.
Thanks,
David Turner

P.S. I have already spoken to fuzzie regarding the Android port.
     This is held up on time issues, but also issues with Google Play
     automated submission criteria (and undescriptive error messages).
     She will look at signing apks for download on our page as a
     interim solution.
     I have also spoken to dhewg regarding the Wii/GC port which is
     partly held up on upgrading to newer libOGC and associated issues,
     but it would be possible to produce a v1.6.0 build in the interim
     against the current libOGC we are using (though this lacks various
     bug fixes and support for newer Wiimotes, but would be generally
     functional), then the team could look at helping with fixing up
     and installing the newer libOGC on the buildbot for integration
     testing.