[Scummvm-devel] GSoC 2014

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Tue Apr 22 22:03:10 CEST 2014

Dear all,

The accepted Google Summer of Code proposals have been announced yesterday,
and we are pleased to say that ScummVM will be mentoring two students,
for projects with a Polish theme.

Peter Bozsó (a.k.a. uruk), who you may remember from last year, will work on
an engine (and translation to English) of the Polish game ``Sfinx''.

Łukasz Wątka (a.k.a. lukaslw) will work on an engine (and translation to
English) of the Polish game ``The Prince and the Coward''.

Additionally, ScummVM is acting as an umbrella organisation during GSoC for our
sister project ResidualVM. They will be mentoring three students:

Stefano Musumeci (a.k.a. subr3v) will be working on refactoring and optimizng
the TinyGL software renderer.

Joni Vähämäki (a.k.a. Akz) and Joseph Jezak (a.k.a. JoseJX) will both be
working on improving the Escape from Monkey Island engine, tackling
bugs and missing features from two different angles.

We expect it will be a productive and interesting summer!