[Scummvm-devel] SCUMM Steam Releases

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:24:32 CEST 2014

It's about a month shy of the 5 year anniversary of the releases of
the LucasArts SCUMM games on Steam. In those past few years, we
haven't had any issues with that except from users frustrated that
they couldn't play those games in ScummVM:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9628
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=12458
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13521
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7783
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10579

And then we just had other users write up their own patches anyway:

https://github.com/symm/LAAExtract
http://scummvm.bencastricum.nl/
http://gazj.co.uk/blog/2012/11/updating-the-steam-lucasarts-adventures-patch-to-work-on-scummvm-1-dot-5-0/

I'm completely in favor of a change to our policy on these games. At
this point, even the HE SCUMM games on Steam use ScummVM. We should be
supporting them out-of-the-box just like all the other games.

Matt