[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.7.0 release

Einar Johan Trøan Sømåen somaen at scummvm.org
Mon Jun 9 16:29:45 CEST 2014

> Einar Johan Trøan Sømåen wrote:
>
>> * Dirty Split suffers from an issue with the FMV videos atleast (they can
>> desynch, and they lack subtitles, as Tobia hinted towards in the previous
>> mail), other than that it should be completable.
>>
> Oh, yeah, the desync issue.
> I tried to attack the problem, but eventually gave up because of lack of
> time (including but not limited to: time to understand what's going on in
> there).
>
> I'd love to have another look at it in the distant future (I'm the kind of
> guy who just doesn't like to admit defeat), but as I said I'm pretty
> swamped right now.
>
> However - wasn't the general consensus that the desync issue only affected
> a small number of users with ludicrously slow machines and thus not a high
> priority one?

Well, yeah, it will only affect users with slow enough machines to make it
an issue, however this really cuts down the otherwise quite large segment
of users that would
be able to play the game (the game is otherwise not all that heavy).
Besides, it gives a bad experience for those users for a reason that
doesn't make sense when the rest of the
game seems to play fine for them...

However, if the general consensus is that "hey, if your computer is too
slow....", I can live with that.

Einar Johan