[Scummvm-devel] [Scummvm-cvs-logs] scummvm master -> 57aa610f0c6199fbe41fc5de495356aa29fae6b8

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:43:26 CET 2014

Hi Eugene,

Voyeur Mac uses SMC data inside of PICT files. The current directory
structure failed to fit the needs of that since graphics/ would have
needed to depend on video/ (and obviously vice versa). PICT previously
used a hack to use JPEG data inside of PICT files, which was to mostly
abuse the fact that it was a pure JPEG file to avoid having to do such
a refactoring.

And, not to mention, I also have a 99.99% engine complete on my hard
drive right now that uses Cinepak data inside of BMP files and raw BMP
inside of AVI files. This was originally written for that in mind, but
when Strangerke said he needed SMC+PICT for Voyeur Mac, I cleaned up
what I had and pushed it.

I put together image/ which was logical because it all image decoding,
whether stills or for video, would be done in one place. It had to be
done one way or another eventually, so I did it now. It ended up being
nice since the sets of codecs supported by QuickTime and AVI could now
also be used by PICT and BMP, respectively.

I don't see what the problem is here. What it basically comes down to
is a namespace and directory change for both ImageDecoders and Codecs,
none of which were major changes. Considering how much work I've put
into both of those sets of code, I'm essentially the maintainer for
both.

Honestly, I didn't think this needed to be discussed. There was a need
for two image formats to start using codecs and I filled that need.

What is your problem with it? Do you have a better suggestion to avoid
the cross-dependency? Or for naming?

Matt