[Scummvm-devel] New server donated to ScummVM

Einar Johan Trøan Sømåen einarjohants at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:27:27 CET 2015

We have that already for ResidualVM, basically a jenkins server that
triggers on PRs, and keeps track of whether they compile or not, and then
pushes that information back to github (it needs it's own set of
repos-access keys for the latter part). IIRC it does do something similar
in a read-only fashion with ScummVM-master too, although we've never used
that data for anything, since ScummVM already has buildbot for master.

A similar setup should be feasible for ScummVM, and would be quite helpfull
when looking at PRs.

Another big dream scenario, would be if the event recorder could be put to
use for automated regression testing on such a server, although that has
such downsides as having to upload a huge amount of game data to the server
(legally not problematic I guess, if the game data was non-www-accessible,
and the people with access owned copies of the games).

Anyhow, buildbot on a better machine would be awesome.

Einar Johan