[Scummvm-devel] New server donated to ScummVM

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 2 20:02:16 CET 2015

On 02/03/15 18:53, Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 06:49:50PM +0000, D G Turner wrote:

>>> Interesting. In that setup, how would we select which revisions of which pull
>>> requests are ready to be built?
>>
>> Since a Pull Request is just a branch in the Git repository, then the
>> new builder group is just another copy of the master / stable builder
>> groups with a different branch URL. You change the current one as per:
>> https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm-sites/commit/5bc2f13dee33de7ece80a10f3f537a7b21a0cd5f
>>
>> I'd be a little wary about making it automatic that new PRs are picked
>> up and built on the server due to the following:
>
> <snip>
>
> Yes, of course, that's why I asked.
>
> But do you mean we'd have to change the buildbot config every time we'd want to
> build a PR?

No.

Like the master or stable (v1.7.0) branch, as the PR is modified or new
commits are added, the builder will detect and start a rebuild of the
new branch HEAD.

Older PR builders can be left, since once the PR is closed, the branch
will exist, but will have no further commits so will not trigger rebuilds.

The only manual operation will be for adding a new PR to the buildbot..
which as I indicated before should be a manual step with a human
checking anyway.