[Scummvm-devel] How to debug a music issue

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 14:00:03 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

I'm a developer for an exotic platform called Atari MiNT, which can be
found in the ScummVM source code as "__MINT__". Just for fun I've
tried to compile the latest hg snapshot against our latest libs. It
works nicely (in the limits of the platform, of course) but I've
bumped into a strange problem.

When I run ScummVM with Monkey Island 2 (CD) and disable music in the
launcher, the game wont progress farther than the dancing monkeys
screen. When I press ESC (to skip the intro/credits), I get a black
screen. Which looked really scary until I realized that I can freely
make the 'F5 menu' appear, go back to launcher etc.

So the game is not hung, it looks more like waiting for something --
an SDL event maybe? Since this works on Linux/PC, I suspect something
is wrong with the SDL port for Atari but I can't prove it because I
have no idea where to look.

Can you give me a hint where the code could be waiting after I press
ESC in the monkey intro screen?

Thanks,
Miro