[Scummvm-devel] Unrecognized Riven DVD from 1999

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 10 15:47:24 CEST 2015

N.E.C.,
  The a_Data.MHK in the all subdirectory is larger than the one in the
  data directory and you should use this one.

  I have the same DVD version and if I use the a_data.MHK from the
  data directory, then I get the same error you have indicated.

  http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#Riven:_The_Sequel_to_Myst
  does not currently indicate which one to use, but this is in part
  because Riven is still Work In Progress.

  We generally do support running games from the original media /
  directory structure where possible, although this is not always
  possible as some of the datafiles required may be within various
  installer archives.
Thanks,
David Turner