[Scummvm-devel] Discworld distribution. How to proceed?

Travis Howell kirben at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 25 15:11:55 CEST 2016

A freeware release of Discworld 1 & 2 would require much more proof,
than that fax alone. That fax only states Terry Pratchett give his
permission, but did the games rights actually revert back to him?

Discworld 1 & 2 were developed by Perfect 10 Productions/Perfect
Entertainment, and part of a multi-game license to Sony Entertainment.
Are we sure Sony Entertainment no longer have the rights for Discworld 1
& 2? did they only have limited rights for the games, time wise?

I would be especially careful, after noting there was a court case about
Discworld Noir, based on that multi-game deal with Sony Entertainment.