[Scummvm-devel] ATTN Porters: Switching to SDL2?

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:40:30 CEST 2016

I can also confirm that the SDL2 backend has been working flawlessly under
Windows + Visual Studio 2012 and 2013. I have been using it for the past
year with this setup.

I fully agree that switching to SDL2 is a good call, and a much expected
change. Our backend code has already been adapted to work with it,
plus SDL1 is deprecated in a lot of platforms.

Regards

On Sunday, 14 August 2016, Thierry Crozat <criezy at scummvm.org> wrote:

> Hi Eugene,
>
> I think using SDL 2 is a good step for the OS X release as SDL 1.2 is
> known to have issues on recent OS X versions (for example full screen not
> working properly). There are issues supporting older MacOS X versions with
> SDL 2 though (SDL 2.0.5 requires MacOS X 10.6 minimum), thus my plans are
> to use SDL 1.2 for a 10.4+ intel/ppc release and SDL 2 for a OS X 10.7
> intel release.
>
> I have been using ScummVM with SDL 2 on my laptop for about a year and it
> is in a pretty good shape.
>
> Thierry
>
> On 14 Aug 2016, at 08:54, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > Hi all, especially porters.
> >
> > We were discussing during the last years the need to switch to SDL2 as
> our main backend for sdl, and leaving SDL1 as a fallback for those ports
> which do not have it.
> >
> > The main culprit for a while was absence of CD Audio support, but the
> last PR based on the clone2727's code (as his last act of goodwill) had
> this resolved.
> >
> > What do you think, any concerns, thoughts?
> >

> > Eugene

> ------------------
> > What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> > patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are
> > consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
> > J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
> > planning reports. http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev___

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are
> planning reports. http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev

"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde