[Scummvm-devel] GSoC application

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:57:36 CET 2016

Hi all,

It's been good to see the positive response so far. As has already been
mentioned, ScummVM already has several RPG games supported by the existing
engines, and the Wages engine will bring a lot more in. I see explicitly
supporting RPGs as a natural evolution of the ScummVM scope. This would
give us RPG-fan developers the existing benefits of ScummVM, including peer
code reviews, Buildbot, and so on. And we can always set up optional
compilation options in case people want an adventure-only or RPG-only build.

Just as an FYI, in addition to RPG sources that have been sitting around
for a while,  I've been working on a reimplementation of Xeen (Clouds/Dark
Side/World/Swords) for a while which is mostly playable, as well as a
cleanup of AESOP32 (Eye of the Beholder 3 & Dungeon Hack), although that's
not so far along. Particularly the lattter, if would be nice having it in
ScummVM one day, since we already support the previous two games.

Regards,

Paul.