[Scummvm-devel] Game testings

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Sun Jun 19 14:45:31 CEST 2016

I gave it a spin and overall it looks like a good start (and thank you again for your work on this).
It seems to me that game tests are the central part of the system and should come first in the top menu (before users, Releases, Engines, Platforms).

Regarding adding tests:
   - I wasn't expecting the comment to be compulsory when adding a test.
   - Specifying the date of the test would be good.
   - I am also wondering how we could handle the tests with a non-official version. We can specify that in Release_notes, but having to select a version first in Release make this a bit strange. So maybe we could have a special field in Release, for example 'Custom' that would then require to specify something in Release_notes (while otherwise it would be optional).

Regarding accessing info:
   - I didn't see any way to see the comments after the test had been added? And specifying the test date would be good.
   - I would love a more advanced search that could be done for example on the developer, engine or alternate titles (initially I search for 'gnap' when looking for UFOs).
   - Would like to see link to the corresponding game tests from the timeline for 'Test Added' events.
   - Possibility to link the game Name and Developer (on the game page) to the corresponding pages on our wiki would be great.

Thierry