[Scummvm-devel] Greetings ScummVM Community : GSOC Queries

Vineet Purswani vineetp at iitk.ac.in
Tue Mar 8 18:34:16 CET 2016

Greetings ScummVM Community,

My name is Vineet Purswani and I am a fourth year Computer Science MTech
Integrated student at IIT Kanpur, India. I am interested in knowing more
about a project listed on ScummVM GSOC ideas page - *Adding speech
synthesis of on-screen text for people with reduced sight or for learning
to read*

I have a great interest in Computer Systems, specifically operating
systems, computer architecture and cloud computing. I did a project on
compiler design, wherein I developed a Java compiler in python using PLY
library. I have worked on NACHOS to test some of the scheduling algorithms,
demand paging techniques, implemented condition variables and semaphores. I
did an architecture project to get my hands on over cache hierarchy
techniques and branch & target predictors. I am currently working on
computer security projects, wherein I have done control hijacking,
privilege separation, learnt about several symbolic execution techniques
like DART, KLEE & EXE. I have a basic knowledge of compiler design,
databases, functional programming, machine learning and computer security
as well. You can find my work here: https://github.com/vineetpurswani

*Kindly guide me as to how do I start working on this idea? Which bug
fix/enhancement should I work on? Expectations in proposal?*
Kindly share any details that you would like to share or any questions that
you may have for me regarding this GSOC project.

Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot.

Yours Sincerely
Vineet Purswani
IIT Kanpur