[Scummvm-devel] ATTN Porters: SaveFileManager API Adjustments

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Wed Mar 16 22:52:07 CET 2016

Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at scummvm.org> writes:

> I finally merged (after forgetting I didn't already :-P) my PR
> #682which makes SaveFileManager work with case insensitive save
> names. This matches our other file related APIs for engines. I adapted
> our default implementation used by most backends for this.

Ok, I'm slightly confused by this.  What does it mean exactly?

That openForLoading("foo") is supposed to be able to also open the
files "Foo" or "FOO"?  What if both exist?  Which one should be
opened?

That removeSavefile("foo") should also remove both the files "Foo" and
"FOO"?

That openForSaving("foo") should remove "Foo" and "FOO" if they exist?

And finally, what is the point of all this?  When would the engine
ever use a filename with the wrong case?

  // Marcus