[Scummvm-devel] Proposed ScummVM 1.9.0 schedule

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Thu Sep 8 13:44:29 CEST 2016

Hi Team,

It is time to start the 1.9.0 preparations.

So far we have two new engines coming as supported in this release. Maybe
I'll be confident enough to announce WAGE as well, but most probably not.

Also, I would like to have Spark autoupdates enabled on Windows, as Mac was
a positive experience, and in August we had 1700 update check to our site.

Cloud support is not yet ready for the prime time.

What do you think about the following proposed schedule of the 1.9.0
release:

  September 12, Release testing announced
  September 26, branch-1-9-0 created, goes into feature freeze
  October 10, tagging
  October 17, release

Any adjustments, recommendations regarding some feature A which we should
wait?

Eugene