[Scummvm-devel] Joining the team

Peter Kohaut peter.kohaut at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:40:25 CEST 2016

Ok, where to start:)
I'm 33 years old and I live in Slovakia and i'm big fan of computers and I
like them in two ways - controlling them, and by that I mean I really love
programming and second way is exploiting them for fun - by playing games,
especially those which were released before 2000.
My first computer was zx spectrum at age of 5, then going trought pc xt,at,
etc.. and i went trough high school (electrical engereening) and university
(major software engineering) and at last my hobby became my profession.
To this day i'm working in field for 15 years and my current profession is
software architect and team leader (13 developers) in small company (around
40 people) which is developing business software for public adminsitration,
banks and 3rd sector.
My professional experience include lot of enterprise technologies - java,
c#, lots of their libraries, db, clustering, integrations between systems,
workflow engines and other stuff needed for my work.
In private I like C (but not c++), ASM, VHD and i'm interested in gaming
technologies (from programmers side of view). I only created some simple
games for fun and nobody ever saw them. I never particiated in any other
open source project and my experience with github are limited, so i'm
looking to learn to something in this area too.

I started with blade runner because I wanted to revive my assembly skills
and learn some disassembler and i like that game (but not as i much i like
the movie :) ) and beacse its fun figuring out how something is working.

S pozdravom
Peter Kohaut