[Scummvm-devel] About Nippon Safes Amiga and PC

peres peres at scummvm.org
Wed Aug 16 15:06:51 CEST 2017

Hi Denis

I’m the original author of the parallaction engine in scummvm. Let me tell you that I’m not surprised you found problems in the game data.

If I remember correctly, the Italian dataset is the one with the least defects (or possibly none). The English dataset is a close second, and when I found bugs there I tried to make the parser more forgiving. German and French didn’t get a lot of testing, I admit.

It might be possible to tweak the parser further to fix the problems you found in the French localization, but I’m afraid I won’t have time in the near future (as I haven’t had in the last few years).

Have you considered adopting the engine yourself? I would be available for (1) clarification, (2) abuse you might want to throw at me ;)

peres