[Scummvm-devel] The new Buildbot: what’s happening, what needs to happen

Travis Howell kirben at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 21 09:18:53 CET 2017

On 21/12/2017 6:58 PM, Colin Snover wrote:
>> On a side note, I'm still waiting for a response to my email about
>> whether Windows XP support still works in the Windows build of ScummVM
>> 2.0.0, since it was mentioned as been built with mingw-w64. mingw-w64
>> dropped Windows XP support, according to note on the mingw-w64
>> compilation guide on the ScummVM wiki.
>
> In order to keep things on topic, anything not directly related to this
> Buildbot discussion, such as the existence of other manually created
> builds or missed responses to other emails, I would encourage you to
> create a separate thread or follow up directly with anyone else if you
> feel your needs have not been fully addressed. If you feel that this
> information is directly applicable to the discussion regarding the new
> Buildbot and the proposed worker image requirement, I would appreciate
> it if you could provide more clarification as to how it is so.

Just a quick response on this point, since it could be very important.
The new Buildbot was used to build the Windows release of ScummVM 2.0.0,
which uses the mingw-w64 compiler suite. I wanted to confirm Windows XP
is still supported by the Windows release of ScummVM 2.0.0, as mingw-w64
is stated to have dropped Windows XP support on the ScummVM wiki (
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Compiling_ScummVM/MinGW-w64 ).

I tried emailing you directly on 11th December 2017, requesting to
ensure Windows XP support was still working in the Windows release of
ScummVM 2.0.0, as mingw-w64 was stated as been used for the Windows
build on IRC.

I just want to make sure Windows XP support has not been broken, in the
Windows release of ScummVM 2.0.0.