[Scummvm-devel] Introduction

Steven Hoefel stevenhoefel at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:32:56 CET 2017

Morning all,

My name is Steven Hoefel and I'm a software engineer based in Australia. Back in the day I had plans to decompile and implement a Director engine in ScummVM (see: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9985) and although I made progress regarding the decompiling of a D5 DXR, I never managed to get an engine started.

My page (http://modelrail.otenko.com/macromedia-director) had been lying dormant until Eugene came along and pointed out that an Engine had been started! This is awesome news and I'd love to start contributing.

I've forked the code here (https://github.com/stevenhoefel/scummvm) and have started digging in to D3 and D4 movies. Eugene has also been helping as I'm new to GIT and it's quite powerful.

Anyway, just thought I'd drop a note to introduce myself. Looking forward to getting Gadget running under ScummVM.

Steven.