[Scummvm-devel] GSoC student: Brief self-Introduction

SIMEI YIN roseline.yin at gmail.com
Thu May 25 13:03:07 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm Simei YIN, a Chinese student from University of Technology of Compiegne
in France. I'm majoring in Computer Science. Currently I'm looking for my
graduate internship and I am very eager to join game industry later for
career.

I'm thrilled to be accepted by GSoC 2017 and be able to contribute to
project ScummVM. What I'm going to work on for the next few months is
to add a new 2D point & click game engine Sludge Engine
<https://opensludge.github.io/> and full support for Out of Order
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_Order_%28video_game%29>, which is an
award-winning game released for free to show case this engine.

>From this project, I expect to learn more about game engine architecture
and how to work as a member of a open source project team.

Sorry for this introductory email so late. By reviewing my GSoC email
history, I just noticed that I did not send back the confirmation code to
get involved in this dev list and my last introductory emails apparently
arrived nowhere. I should admit that I'm someone too careless about many
things, and I've been living a hard life with it, but I'm always trying
hard to do better. :D

Thanks for all the trust that has been put in me and nice to meet you all!

Link to my blog : yinsimei.wordpress.com
Link to my github repository : https://github.com/yinsimei/scummvm

Best regards,

Simei