[Scummvm-devel] DGDS (Dynamix Game Development System)

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa vasco.costa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 02:01:08 CEST 2017

Hey folks,
I have been interested in DGDS engine support in ScummVM for some
time. So I could play Heart of China and Rise of the Dragon.

I have read all the information about the Rise of the Dragon game I
could find online to decode the files. You can find a summary of the
info which I scrounged together so far here:
https://github.com/vcosta/scummvm/wiki

I know there's a DGDS port which was started already for ScummVM. It
seems to have some basic file archive support. Also some font support
I think. But it probably needs to be ported to the latest codebase. I
was also thinking of adding image and text loading support.

The game interpreter proper is still beyond me at this point.

Regards,

--
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
PhD in Computer Engineering (Computer Graphics)