[Scummvm-devel] IRC Channel Key Enabled Due to Spambots

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 1 17:16:06 CEST 2018

All,
  Due to the current spambot attack on freenode, we have had to make
  some changes to the IRC channel configuration:
  https://freenode.net/news/spambot-attack

  This is now set as +s (secret) which prevents #scummvm being listed
  in channel list, and +k (key) has been set which adds a channel key
  (password) for joining. The key is currently set to "scummvm".

  This has been noted for users in the website and wiki, and am sending
  this e-mail to ensure visibility.

  Most of the channel bots such as Github services' commit hooks,
  Buildbot's IRC bot have been updated to deal with this and any
  bots active in channel will be fine until they need to rejoin.

  These changes should hopefully prevent all the current spambots
  and we can review removing the channel password if needed once
  the current botnet attack has abated.
Thanks,
David Turner