[Scummvm-devel] IRC Channel Key Enabled Due to Spambots

D G Turner d.g.turner at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 3 19:10:36 CEST 2018

Luc,
  I am afraid that there is no update on Freenode's news page so it
  is likely that this attack is still ongoing.

  I am surprised that you are having issues as I haven't had any
  problems myself getting on the channel and the bots and other
  users seem fine. What IRC client are you using?

  I would suggest checking here:
  http://www.geekshed.net/2012/03/using-channel-keys/

  Specifically, instead of:
  /join #scummvm
  You just need to do the same, but with the channel key added i.e.
  /join #scummvm scummvm

  Let me know if this resolves your problem or if you are still having
  issues.
Thanks,
David Turner