[Scummvm-devel] GSoC in 2018?

Arnaud Boutonné strangerke at scummvm.org
Tue Jan 16 09:18:17 CET 2018

Hi Eugene, hi everybody

I'm in favor of applying this year again. We can work on last year's list (
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code/GSoC_Ideas_2017). Sludge
engine and Supernova's first game are done, and the 2nd supernova game can
be used as a task.
Of course, we have to check the list in order to remove the obsolete one
(typically, I have no idea of the status of ICB for ResidualVM, and I don't
know if it's still an option to get a student for Director).

My favorite task is the one about shaders/scalers. It's been lying there
foreever, and could give us a really nice outcome.

The deadline for org application forms is in 2 weeks, so we really have to
work on that if I'm not the only one thinking it's a good idea.

Oh, and I volunteer to be a mentor this year.

Do you want me to spend some time at looking if there are other low-hanging
fruits we could find for potential mentors (like existing engines lying
around, or source code availability for other games?)

Best regards,
Arnaud