[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM, Windows and 64 bit

Lothar Serra Mari lserramari at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:49:47 CEST 2018

Hi Team,

as you might have heard, Apple is phasing out support for 32-bit
applications on macOS in future versions and has already started the
deprecation period.

What's your opinion on starting to provide official 64-bit builds for
Windows too? I'm afraid that Microsoft will starting to phase out 32-bit
support in the future too...

I know that the ScummVM and ResidualVM applications won't profit from
64-bit since they don't use stuff like large memory areas, but maybe
this would make them more future-proof?

Let me hear your thoughts!

Greetings
Lothar