[Scummvm-devel] New experimental mingw-w64 toolchain ^.^

Lothar Serra Mari lserramari at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 21:03:49 CET 2019

Hi Team,

over the last couple of days, I worked on an updated toolchain for
cross-compiling ScummVM on a Linux host for the Windows operating system.
This updated toolchain includes up-to-date libraries such as SDL 2.0.9 and
FluidSynth 2.0.4. It makes heavy use of the mxe.cc project (which is really
great by the way!)

All in all, I still consider it as "experimental" and not ready for the
buildbot at the moment.

For testing purposes, I've set up a build server which automatically fetches
the latest ScummVM code every minute and compiles it with this new
experimental toolchain. The created executables are linked completely
statically, so no DLL hell this time.

If you are interested in testing the builds, please check out
https://scummvm-builds.serra.network.

What do you think about it?

Greetings
Lothar