[Scummvm-devel] Mac-Port Progress Update

Mutwin Kraus mutle at exclam.de
Fri Nov 23 04:43:02 CET 2001

>> On Friday 23 November 2001 10:50, you wrote:
>> [...]
>>> After, I think TiMidity is using a lot of FP math, thus hurting sensibly
>>> its performance on the PcoketPCs. I will check when I have time to see how
>>> much CPU time it uses on my iPAQ.
>
> The Amiga version of the SCUMM engine used mod files instead of MIDI. TFMX
> format mod files, actually...
>
> http://users.dhp.com/~sloppy/tfmx/music/
> http://darkstar.tabu.uni-bonn.de/~neo/tfmx.html
>
> Having a look at the TFMX file for _MI_, I suspect that each subtune of the
> TFMX file corresponds to the same numbered sound resouce in the SCUMM
> archive. That would be the easiest way to implement it, certainly. As TFMX is
> a doddle to play instead of MIDI, and is guaranteed to sound the same on any
> platform, perhaps we could go with that instead of MIDI where available?

 I think for a Mac-Version MIDI could be handled by QuickTime, it has a good
 MIDI Playback Routine, but if I'm unlucky, I have to rewrite the whole
iMuse System to get it work with QuickTime.
 I think there is also QuickTime for Linux, so it could be a possibility to
use it for Playback on Mac and Linux.