[Scummvm-devel] Linux music progress report (with Timidity)

Chris Gahan 9chrg at qlink.queensu.ca
Sat Nov 24 00:12:02 CET 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:10:49 +0100
Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> wrote:
> > Is there any way I can debug scummvm to see if it's actually trying to
> > send MIDI to TiMidity? TiMidity acts like it's getting nothing once the
> > connection has been established.
>
> Well, you could always dump the data transmitted to Timitidy by adding a
> 'write(3, buf, position)' just after the write to '_mo' at the end of
> MIDI_OUT. And then run scummvm with a 3> redirection and then check the
> content of that file.

Ok, I put some debug stuff at the end of MIDI_OUT, and it doesn't ever get printed. So it's safe to say that the MIDI output isn't getting called at all, which explains why timidity isn't playing anything. The engine must either not be finding the midi files, or not playing them for some reason.

I noticed it gets this message a lot:
WARNING: loadFlObject(697,60):not implemented!

Is that the MIDI?

Hmmm....

--
Chris