[Scummvm-devel] Linkable SCUMM object format

David Given dg at tao-group.com
Wed Nov 28 04:48:03 CET 2001

I'm speccing out a format for SCUMM object files (which, in finest SCUMM
tradition, I'm calling SLOB). This is intended to allow multiple object files
to be linked together to create a fully-fledged SCUMM archive.

I'm trying to think of the information I need to provide. I'm pretty sure I
need:

1. To tell the linker which resources represent objects, and what object they
are. (I don't think the object type and number are actually contained within
the resource. There certainly isn't anything in the RMHD chunk in a ROOM, for
example.)

2. To tell the linker where values that need fixing up are. (For example,
scripts will reference objects by number, but the object number won't be
known until the final link is done.) Fixups can be an object number or an
object offset in another resource.

What have I forgotten?

--
+- David Given --------McQ-+