[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM on OS X; IRC channel

amazon at enderboi.com amazon at enderboi.com
Sun Apr 21 10:31:11 CEST 2002

> 1) Is there maybe an IRC channel where some of you hang out?  Like we
> have one for exult on OPN, etc., can be quite nice to ask quick
> questions (but of course can also suck away time if you're not
> careful :-)

#scummvm also on OPN :)

> 2) What would have to be done to get Scumme v2 games working?

A lot. V2 games use a whole different set of graphic decoders, a
completely different opcode table, ectera. In all honestly, we could
probably get this working after a few weeks work. We have a head-start
here. BUT it's not a priority. We are definatly not starting work on V2
games until after we have Indy3 (256 colors), Zak McCraken (256 colors)
and hopefully The Dig and Full Throttle working properly.

Only one thing at a time! :)

> Mac Sound Manager), but I first have to look more at the code to see
> how I can dump out the data into a file or so.

Will add this later :) Thanks.

> 4) Trying to run my copy of Indy III gives me an error; this is the
> 256 color mac version:

Obviously the mac version uses a different format. It may actually be the
V2 version of Indy3. Don't ask, long story. :)

> 5) For Monkey Island, it's reverse; the mac version works fine
> (except for the sound being in an "unknown" format), but the PC
> refuses to work, because the files have the "wrong" names, it seems:

This is the EGA version of Monkey. Use monkeyega as the game name.., but
it won't work.  *points to the compatability table).

> 5) In your Makefile, you use "gcc" to compile & link your C++ source
> code.

Heh. I'll look into this. Note we do NOT recommend, support, or encourage
the use of GCC 3.1 or '2.96'... We also won't take any bug reports unless
they can be reproduced with GCC 2.95.

 At least for the linking I have to use "g++" (using GCC 3.1).
> This automatically adds in the c++ lib if not done already. If it
> doesn't break anything on other systems, maybe you can use that, or
> even better, don't use CC but use CXX :-)

 - Ender
   ScummVM Developer