[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM on OS X; IRC channel

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Apr 21 11:34:02 CEST 2002

At 1:30 Uhr +0800 22.04.2002, <amazon at enderboi.com> wrote:
>  > 1) Is there maybe an IRC channel where some of you hang out?  Like we
>>  have one for exult on OPN, etc., can be quite nice to ask quick
>>  questions (but of course can also suck away time if you're not
>>  careful :-)
>
>#scummvm also on OPN :)

Ah OK should've tried that :-)

>  > 2) What would have to be done to get Scumme v2 games working?
>

>A lot. V2 games use a whole different set of graphic decoders, a
>completely different opcode table, ectera. In all honestly, we could
>probably get this working after a few weeks work. We have a head-start
>here. BUT it's not a priority. We are definatly not starting work on V2
>games until after we have Indy3 (256 colors), Zak McCraken (256 colors)
>and hopefully The Dig and Full Throttle working properly.
>
>Only one thing at a time! :)

OK sure. Hm, does anybody know how I could come by the CD version of
Loom? Like a place where one can buy it used it or something?

>>  Mac Sound Manager), but I first have to look more at the code to see
>>  how I can dump out the data into a file or so.
>
>Will add this later :) Thanks.

OK, I found that "Mac1" is indeed just a wrapper around the "snd "
Mac format, type 1, subtype 5, which just means 8 bit sampled data.

The "Mac0" could be a list of "sound commands", but I am not quite
sure about these (have to look closer).

Anyway, I wonder how I could add support for playback of these. Any
hints how this would be done?

Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>