[Scummvm-devel] Question to porters..

J.Brown (Ender/Amigo) ender at enderboi.com
Fri Aug 16 18:33:08 CEST 2002

Do any of our current (or future) platforms NOT support some form of
dynamic linkage?

We may be changing licenses shortly, which would mean some parts of the
engine (particually the adlib code....) will need to be spun off into an
LGPL'ed library, or if we cannot dynamically link (as obviously static
linking between LGPL'ed and non-GPL'ed code is a no-no) rewritten.

Any thoughts? If this IS possible, it makes it possible for us to do some
nifty things, like splitting up the core engine into modules. Eg, a simon
library and a scummvm library..

 - Ender