[Scummvm-devel] Regressions - argh!

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Nov 6 05:49:05 CET 2002

Seems that there are some heavy changes and rewrites being done right
now. E.g. just now I saws a bug report against DOTT where background
images are not drawn properly anymore!

IMO, we should consider *stopping* this until after the 0.3.0
release. If that is not acceptable, make your changes or on a brach,
or let us branch for 0.3.0 now (whihc of coure means bug fixes have
to be applied to the trunk and the branch, but hell, that's what CVS
branches are good for, it's not black magic at all).

If big changes and rewrites keep being checked in on a daily base,
not only will it introduce regressions over and over again, it also
renders any testing results (from people who went thru the effort to
play thru one or more of the games) mostly useless. After all, if the
game worked last week, but since then five major changes to the
graphics & script engine were made, we can't know whether the game
still is even playable.

So either we take this "going to release soon" business serious, and
then we'll restrain ourselves to bug fixes and approved changes till
the release. Or if we can't manage to do that, we should be honest
enough to stop pretending that we are aiming for a 0.3.0 release...

Just my two cents!

Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>