[Scummvm-devel] Status of PocketPC port

Arisme arisme at free.fr
Sat Oct 19 13:45:02 CEST 2002

Some late (sorry !) news about the PocketPC port

I've switched to the new CVS tree (was just a little bit late) and overlays
are implemented for 565 & 555 devices (soon in CVS) - as tomjoad stated,
I'll have to make this work on 8 bits and mono (ouch) displays, as they're
still popular platforms for ScummVM, especially in trains :)

Perhaps we can avoid the blending for these devices, and admit that GUI
pictures won't be displayed (at least correctly ?)

Now there are just 2 little things to check before this release can be
called "official"

* Should I keep my own launcher/game scanner in the PocketPC backend, or
switch to the common launcher ? Or keep the scanner and use the official
launcher with it ? Or report the scanner to the common part and discard my
launcher ? Or any valid combinations of those :)

* In order to (try to) support more devices (HPC MIPS/SH3), I'm now
statically linking to the GameX API (GAPI ancestor) - and I really don't
know what's the license of this library ... I guess it's the same license
than GAPI, but it's unsupported now - I'll check this with revolution.cx