[Scummvm-devel] Adding 'Beneath A Steel Sky' support to ScummVM

Joost Peters j at 7fc1.org
Wed Feb 26 11:55:15 CET 2003

{Cut for brevity }

> > - What are the "rules" (if any) for modules?
>
> Basically you have to inherit from the engine class and provide a method
> called go(). You then need to add the relevant bits to gamedetector in
> version_settings etc, a module.mk file to specify how to build the code
> and a bit to the Makefile.common.
> Basically you would create a bass or sky directory in a similiar style to
> the scumm and simon directories.
>
> > Is it desired to have as few source files as possible, or is this not
really
> > relevant?
>
> In my opinion the number of source files doesn't really matter so much. I
> think having the filenames like those in the asm would be beneficial and
> seeing as the asm for rn_deco seems to be about 500 lines or so maybe it
> should reside in rn_deco.cpp?
>
> If you would like any help with this just ask
>
> Jonathan

Thanks for the offer Jonathan, I will be sure to make use of it. :)
I will use the same names for files as in the original sources then (this is
what I am doing already).
I'm hoping to start moving my code over during the weekend.
I will send a patch with the required changes to gameSelector.cpp/.h to
Jonathan (or someone else?), so he can review and incorporate it.
I'm not quite sure where to go from there.. Do I have to send the initial
batch of sources to someone of the development team so (s)he can review them
before commiting them? Will I get CVS access eventually?

Joost