[Scummvm-devel] Adding 'Beneath A Steel Sky' support to ScummVM

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Wed Feb 26 12:45:11 CET 2003

What I would suggest is posting your initial patches on the Tracker. I'll
get people to have a look at it, just on the basis of coding style etc,
and then I will give you CVS access to commit it yourself after people
have commented
on it.

I just want to get some feedback for you first :)

As for filenames - I would suggest just using descriptive filenames. Keep
code broken up into similar groupings as BASS, sure - but I don't think
it's good (or needed) to copy the exact same filenames. As long as people
can look at the functionality of file X in the original source and say
"Well, that code is all probably in Y.cpp", that's good enough :)

We don't (and shouldn't) mimic the assembly exactly, although it is easier
to do it this way at first for easy comparison. Just keep in mind the code
will probably be simplified at some point anyway, so it'd be worthwhile to
organise classes and files around future planning.

That's my opinion anyway :)

 - Ender

   http://www.scummvm.org/   | "Amen! Attempts to eradicate humour from
   http://www.quakesrc.org/  |  our distribution should be ignored with