[Scummvm-devel] CoMI no longer works here

Jonathan Gray khalek at linuxgamers.net
Thu Jan 30 08:21:03 CET 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Max Horn wrote:

> At 1:50 Uhr +1100 31.01.2003, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> >On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, J.Brown (Ender) wrote:
> >
> >>  aquadran added support for the translation files - except that it doesn't
> >>  actually WORK (at least with the german version). Last I heard khalek and
> >>  aquadran were trying to fix it, but that was hours ago. Just move your
> >>  language.bnd out of the way and it should be e fine.
> >
> >I haven't looked at it, but I'm told it dies handling the 'ß' characters
> >in the german version. Of note also is that it must do some strange things
> >even with the english version. It causes segfaults/freezes when talking to
> >blondebeard if the language.tab is there. But these problems will be
> >sorted out soon enough hopefully, aquadran said he would look into it.
>
> It died here with "ü", the problem was the NUT charset rendered,
> which I just fixed.

Great, thanks :)
The only problem pertaining to localisation we have left now is the crash
shortly after the intro when specifying a language ie scummvm -q de
the segfault is in drawBitmap or some such and occurs after opening.san is
played.

Using boot params etc to jump around it otherwise seems to be fine.
Will update tasklets and remove language.tab note.