[Scummvm-devel] CVS Freeze for 0.5.0

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jul 6 09:10:12 CEST 2003

Am Sonntag, 06.07.03 um 15:46 Uhr schrieb J.Brown (Ender):

> Hi everyone,
> 	We are planning to freeze CVS for 0.5.0 in two days, so please
> update any ports and commit any last minute changes now.
>
> A list of games to be tested will be posted when the freeze starts. Any
> commits after the freeze must specifically mention a bug number in the
> commit message. If a bug does not exist for the commit you are making,
> please create one.
>
> This is to help us keep track of any regressions introduced during the
> testing period. At this point, we are not planning to branch unless the
> freeze takes longer than expected.
>
> Any commits that are not directly bug-related must be approved by
> either
> myself or Fingolfin. The easiest way to do this is to submit a Patch
> Tracker item and mention that you wish the patch to be considered for
> 0.5.0

Hm, does this extend to Sky, too? I don't know enough about its status
to be able to judge whether that makes sense at this point or not.

And I am not sure if all porters can/will react within 2 days. Since
some of the ports are completely broken right now, it might be a good
idea to make an exception for them, or specifically encourage them to
ask you or me for checkin permission.

Also, while there is indeed no reason to branch right now (CVS isn't
stable enough), I think that that we still should branch right before
the release. That's the only way we can provide a 0.5.1 bug fix release
in an orderly fashion (and and the last two times, we always had to
follow up a release with a bug fix release, so...)