[Scummvm-devel] CVS Freeze for 0.5.0

J.Brown (Ender) ender at scummvm.org
Sun Jul 6 09:40:05 CEST 2003

> > Any commits that are not directly bug-related must be approved by
> > either
> > myself or Fingolfin. The easiest way to do this is to submit a Patch
> > Tracker item and mention that you wish the patch to be considered for
> > 0.5.0
> >
> Hm, does this extend to Sky, too? I don't know enough about its status
> to be able to judge whether that makes sense at this point or not.

True, I should mention that port updates and Sky are semi-exempt from
this, at least for now. I consider making a port compile and work a
'bugfix', and likewise for Sky.

Basically I trust everybody to use their judgement about whether something
can be checked into the tree without permission... we've done this enough
times by now that I think most everybody has the hang of it :)

> Also, while there is indeed no reason to branch right now (CVS isn't
> stable enough), I think that that we still should branch right before
> the release. That's the only way we can provide a 0.5.1 bug fix release
> in an orderly fashion (and and the last two times, we always had to
> follow up a release with a bug fix release, so...)

Of course. Tagging/Branching a stable release is a given. It's just that
we are not branching a seperate development tree during the initial
freeze.

If, however, somebody creates a significant enough patchset that we should
branch to continue development on it (Examples: Full Throttle INSANE
support, significant V1 fixes which require unacceptably large changes to
the 0.5.0-pre tree, etc) just post to -devel about it and we will most
likely branch.

We also need to work out a solution for providing the public with
up-to-date CVS snapshots, as doing testing (even from frozen CVS) with 3
day old code is unacceptable.

 - Ender