[Scummvm-devel] Re: ScummVM

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jun 1 16:04:08 CEST 2003

Am Montag, 02.06.03 um 00:50 Uhr schrieb Bertrand Augereau:

> Hi!
>
> Just wanted to know...
> Is STL allowed in the code base?

First off, please don't direct such questions directly at me. Rather
ask them on the scummvm-devel mailing lists.

Currently it is not "allowed" to use the Std C++ lib (which contains
the STL), in fact it's not possible because of a conflict between our
operator new/delete and the ones defined in the Std C++ lib (although
we should now be in a position were we can get rid of those, we've been
working towards that for some time). Besides that, I think it would be
OK to use Std C++ lib inside a backend; but the current consensus is to
keep it out of the central parts.